172d Force Support Squadron
Published August 01, 2012
-172d Force Support Squadron
The 172d Force Support Squadron provides a myriad of support and assistance to the military and civilian members assigned to or living near the largest military installation in the Air Force. This squadron's support structure consists of the Military Personnel Section, Airman & Family Readiness Center, Airman Leadership School, Civilian Personnel, Education and Training, and Manpower and Organization Flight. Our family of highly trained military, and civilian professionals, are devoted to providing the wing and the Jackson metropolitan area with administrative, personnel, and personal support. Our motto: "Mission First People Always" serves as our badge and shield of honor. It is our privilege to ensure accurate, timely, and professional service in support of our DOD family.
The 172d Force Support Squadron consists of the following capability flights:
1. Manpower and Personnel --Human capital management experts for military and technician personnel, ID Card section for military members, dependents and retirees
2. Sustainment Services--Experts responsible for fitness/sports, lodging and food service
3. Community Services--Professionals providing recreation and community support
4. Airman & Family Services--Personnel dedicated to providing seamless integration between home station and deployment programs, A-Z support for Airmen and families and integrated causality and mortuary affairs
5. Force Development--Professionals providing training and testing as well as sustaining synergies between Education and Professional Development.
Contact Information: Commander: 601-405-8231, Superintendent 601-405-8353 or Customer Service 601-405-8319 or 601-405-8401
Military pass and ID card section is open Monday through Friday from 0730-1600. Please feel free to call ahead to ensure system availability, 601-405-8749