In response to the COVID-19 crisis the Wing is providing the following information:
1. April 2020 Unit Training Assembly dates are 4 & 5 April
2. Fitness Testing: The April fitness test has been postponed; the date for makeup is to be determined.
3. Attendance at UTA: Sections will determine the approved options for their members to attend drill. Be prepared to be contacted by your section supervisor for information on where to be and what to do. Some members may attend a Virtual UTA and be required to complete training and then provide documentation for credit. Some members may be required to physically attend drill at the base. However, personnel who live outside the commuting distance may attend drill virtually, or if they have no internet capability, their drill may be rescheduled. If approved to physically attend, lodging with family and friends is authorized however no hotels are available.
4. Download the USAF Connect app on your mobile device. Go to favorites and add the 172 Airlift Wing. Return to the unit home screen and there are more options for you as a user.
5. Updates can be found here, on public website, the USAF connect app, or by calling 601-405-8000.
Yes! All members who participate in the virtual April UTA will receive credit for April drill. To receive credit, check in with your supervisor Saturday morning and Sunday evening. During the wing recall, you will receive instructions from your supervisor on how to check in.
To show that you participated in the virtual UTA, you must provide your first line supervisor with copies of completion certificates via EMAIL. Your supervisor may also have additional instructions for you to receive participation credit.
Supervisors will provide you with the time to check in for April UTA.
You are expected to complete 16 hours worth of training during the virtual April UTA. This training will consist of AFSC specific training as well as training provided by the Base Education Office.
If you are at home during April UTA, you are authorized to wear civilian clothes. However, if you are expected to come to the base for April UTA, follow the uniform of the day instructions provided by your supervisor.
Your supervisor will provide you with any AFSC specific training.
No. The training provided on this website can be completed in conjunction with your AFSC specific training. The training provided on this site should be accomplished if you have no AFSC specific training or if your AFSC training does not accumulate to 16 training hours. Ultimately, you should follow the training instructions from your supervisor.
Supervisors should provide members with AFSC specific training if applicable.
FEMA Independent Study courses. There is no cost to the Soldier/Airman or Organization. Individuals, upon completing FEMA Courses, must send copies of completion certificates to your first line supervisor as source documents for pay purposes.
The following link will take you to the training: https://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
First Step if you do not have a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID):
- Click on any IS course
- Click on "register for one here" under Take Final Exam.
- Go to the link and click "Register for a FEMA SID" and follow instructions
- Go back to https://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
- go to page 2
- Click on IS-100.c, Introduction to the Incident Command System
- Click on "Interactive Web Based Course" under Take This Course
- Take Final Exam
a. FEMA IS-100.c, Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS). 2 HRS
b. FEMA IS-200.c, Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response. 4 HRS
c. FEMA IS-700.b, An Introduction to the National Incident Management System. 3.5 HRS
d. FEMA IS-800.c, National Response Framework, An Introduction. 3 HR
e. FEMA IS-909, Community Preparedness: Implementing Simple Activities for Everyone 1 HR
f. FEMA IS-242.b, Effective Communication. 2 HRS
g. FEMA IS-230.d, Fundamentals of Emergency Management 6 HRS
h. FEMA IS-75, Military Resources in Emergency Management 2 HRS
i. FEMA IS-906, Workplace Security Awareness 1 HR
j. FEMA IS-102.c, Preparing for Federal Disaster Operations 1 HR
k. FEMA IS-42, Social Media in Emergency Management 3 HRS